Pulaski County, IndianaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Pulaski County Indiana genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1835|
|Address|| Pulaski County Courthouse|
112 E Main Street
Winamac, IN 46996-1344
Pulaski County, Indiana Resources
- Pulaski County Cemeteries - InGenWeb
For tips on accessing Pulaski County, Indiana census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Pulaski County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Directory of Businesses in Pulaski County, Indiana (1868) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
Emigration and Immigration
Ethnic and religious Groups
- Arthur, Carrie, Edna Bierrum, and Berniece Drybread. 1973.Index to counties of White and Pulaski, Indiana. Historical and biographical. ;(Winamac, Indiana: The Pulaski County Genealogical Society.) 977.29 H2w FHL US/CAN BookFHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Biographical history of Tippecanoe, White, Jasper, Newton, Benton, Warren and Pulaski counties, (Indiana. 2003. La Crosse WI: Brookhaven Press.) FHL US/CAN Film 1731988 FHL Collectionother library vol.1 Google booksvol.2Google books
- History of Pulaski County - Linkpendium
Land and Property
- Maps and Gazetteers - Linkpendium
- 1870 and 1907 Van Buren Township plat maps - INGenWeb
War of 1812
Civil War service men from Pulaski County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Putnam County.
- 5th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry (90th Regiment, Indiana Volunteers), Company K
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company B
- 26th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and F
- 46th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies H, and K
- 87th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company B
- 120th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 147th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
- 151st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies A, and H
- 28th US Colored Troops, Addition Recruits for Colored Troops
Civil War Books
- "Fall of Sumter" Chapter 2 in Arthur, Carrie, Edna Bierrum, and Berniece Drybread. 1973.Index to counties of White and Pulaski, Indiana. Historical and biographical. (Winamac, Indiana: The Pulaski County Genealogical Society.),(page 486-504, Regiment, Company), 977.29 H2w FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
Civil War Databases
- Residents of Pulaski County Who Died in the Civil War ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
World War I
World War II
Naturalization and Citizenship
Pulaski County Courthouse
112 E Main Street
Winamac, IN 46996-1344
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records 1839.
County Recorder has birth and death records from 1882 and land records. 
Family History Centers
- Directory of Teachers for Pulaski County (1936) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Pulaski County, Indiana Obituary and Death Notice Collection Free from GenealogyBuff.com. Obits and death notices from Various Funeral Homes in the Winamac, White Post, Francesville, Medaryville and Rich Grove areas.
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Pulaski County, Indiana Web Sites
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Pulaski County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
Pulaski County, Indiana References
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Pulaski County, Indiana 216 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
|This Indiana-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 16 April 2013, at 22:10.
- This page has been accessed 2,027 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More