Pyramid Lake Indian Agency (Nevada)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
A resident farmer on the Pyramid Lake Reservation reported to the Special Agency of Nevada starting in 1870. Pyramid Lake became a subagency of the Reno Agency in 1921, and a subagency of the Carson Agency in 1925. It became an independent agency from 1930-33, and was then placed under Carson Agency again.
A small amount of correspondence from the farmer-in-charge at Pyramid Lake, 1922-1924, is in the Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) in San Francisco.
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1931-1932. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, roll 410. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm roll number 581404). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
- ↑ Guide to Archival Holdings, Pacific Regional Archives of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), San Francisco, Record Group 75, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs Available online.
- ↑ Guide to Federal Records, Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs, Record Group 75. Available online.
- ↑ American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998, Microcopy M595, p. 51.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 1 February 2011, at 19:57.
- This page has been accessed 659 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More