Quainton, Buckinghamshire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Quainton, Buckinghamshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Aylesbury|
|Parish registers: 1599|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1604|
|Diocese||Pre-1845 - Lincoln; Post-1844 - Oxford|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Buckingham|
|Location of Archive|
|Buckinghamshire Record Office|
QUAINTON, or Quainton-Malet (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Aylesbury, hundred of Ashendon, county of Buckingham, 6 miles (N. W.) from Aylesbury. There is a place of worship for Baptists.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Quainton parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BOYD = Boyd's Marriage Index (findmypast) - (£)|
|JOIN = The Joiner Marriage Index - (£)|
|PRTS = The Parish Register Transcription Society - (£)|
|QUAINTON PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 241210.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Buckinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Quainton on GENUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, Topographical Dictionary of England 1848 pp. 623-627. Date accessed and adapted 25 June 2013.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Buckinghamshire Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 27 January 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - Coverage', The Parish Register Transcription Society, accessed 27 September 2013.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2016, at 02:57.
- This page has been accessed 2,771 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News