Quebec For Further ReadingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
More detailed information about research and records of Quebec is in:
- Boudreau, Dennis M. Beginning Franco-American Genealogy. Pawtucket, R.I.: American-French Genealogical Society, 1986. (Family History Library book 973 D27bo; computer number 479066.) Prepared for speakers of English who know little French, this brief book includes sample genealogical documents from Québec and tells how to read them. Includes a list of useful addresses and English translations of French Canadian occupations (job titles).
- Faribault-Beauregard, Marthe, and Ève Beauregard-Malak. La Généalogie: Retrouver ses ancêtres. (Genealogy: To Find One's Ancestors.) [Montréal, Qué.]: Les Éditions de l'Homme, 1987. (Family History Library book 971.4 D27b; computer number 471855.) Text in French. This is a reliable, readable discussion of Catholic sources for French Canadians in Québec and other areas. Appendixes list addresses of societies and repositories in North America and in France.
- France, France Emigration and Immigration, and France Names, Personal contains information that applies to research in Québec.
- Jetté, René. Traité de généalogie (Treatise on Genealogy). Montréal, Qué.: Les Presses de l'Université de Montréal, 1991. (Family History Library book 971.4 D27j; computer number 687322.) Text in French. This 716-page work is the most complete scholarly book on French Canadian research. It rewards careful study. For an overview by Jetté in English, see:
- “Researching Ancestors in French Québec.” Lifelines: Official Journal of the Northern New York American-Canadian Genealogical Society 12, no. 1 (1995): 25–31. (Family History Library book 974.7 D25L v. 12; computer number 314396.) Chapters on Québec research are included in some handbooks listed in Canada.
- This page was last modified on 30 September 2011, at 17:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,357 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page