Quedgely, Gloucestershire GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Quedgely, Gloucestershire ancestry, family history, and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Hundred||Dudstone and King's Barton; Whitstone|
|Poor Law Union||Gloucester|
|Parish registers: 1559|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1569|
|Diocese||Gloucester and Bristol|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Gloucester (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Gloucestershire Record Office|
QUEDGLEY (St. James), a parish, partly in the Middle division of the hundred of Dudstone and King's-Barton, but chiefly in the Upper division of that of Whitstone, union, and E. division of the county, of Gloucester, 3½ miles (S. W.) from Gloucester; containing the Woolstrop hamlet. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Quedgely, Gloucestershire Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|QUEDGELY PARISH (1559) Online Records|
|IARC||1559-1757 (gaps)||1559-1753 (gaps)||1559-1876 (gaps)|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 288769.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Gloucestershire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 623-627. Date accessed: 08 January 2013.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1813,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Baptisms, 1813-1913,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Marriages, 1754-1938,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire, England, Burials, 1813-1988,' Ancestry, accessed 14 February 2015.
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Coverage for the Gloucestershire Marriages database,' FHS Online, accessed 5 May 2014.
- ↑ 'Extracts from Parish Registers, No. VII.: Quedgeley,' in Beaver H. Blacker, ed., Gloucestershire Notes and Queries, Vol. 3 (1887):87-91, 141-146, 217-221. Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- ↑ 'Gloucestershire Coverage,' Joiner's Marriage Index, accessed 29 January 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 8 June 2015, at 20:17.
- This page has been accessed 1,685 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News