Queen Charlton, SomersetEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Queen Charlton, Somerset family history and genealogy: parish registers, transcripts, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Queen Charlton, Somerset|
|Poor Law Union||Keynsham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1562|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Diocese||Bath and Wells|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Bath and Wells (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Somerset Record Office|
CHARLETON, QUEEN (St. Margaret), a parish ,in the union and hundred of Keynsham, E. division of Somerset, 2¾ miles (N. N. E.) from Pensford.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Queen Charlton, Somerset parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|FREG = FreeREG - free|
|MARR = Somerset Marriages (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|SOPC = Somerset Online Parish Clerks - free|
|QUEEN CHARLTON PARISH Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474599.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Somerset Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
Contributor: add any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 549-554. Date accessed and adapted: 17 April 2013.
- ↑ 'Somerset Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 3 February 2014.
- ↑ 'Somerset Marriages', FindMyPast (WayBack Machine), accessed 1 May 2014.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 17 October 2013.
- ↑ Somerset Online Parish Clerks Genealogy, accessed 22 October 2013.
- This page was last modified on 6 August 2014, at 21:05.
- This page has been accessed 913 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki