Queens New York Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The NY Queens Family History Center serves all five boroughs of NYC but patrons come from as far as New Jersey and upstate NY. We have staff that are bilingual in English and Spanish, and available five days each week, and Wednesday mornings by appointment.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 40-24 62nd Street Woodside New York 11377 United States
- We are located in the building with large white pillars in the front.
- Free parking is available in the large lot next to the second building.
- Tuesday:10:00am-2:00pm, 6:00pm-8:00pm
- Wednesday: Closed
- Thursday: Closed
- Friday: Closed
- Saturday: 10:00am-2:00pm
Closed all national holidays:
Calendar and Events
We will be closed Tuesday November 11, 2014 in observance of Veteran's Day.
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- We have a large selection of films from Germany, France, Italy and Puerto Rico, as well as many other countries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm viewers, a camera to make copies from the films, computers, flat bed scanner, and a printer.
Staff Research Specialties
- All staff members speak fluent English, and many are fluent in Spanish. Help is available from research materials in German, French, Spanish and other languages.
Resources in the Local Area
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 10 November 2014, at 00:07.
- This page has been accessed 1,844 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page