Raleigh North Carolina Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Raleigh Family History Center serves Raleigh and Eastern Wake County.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 5060 Six Forks Rd Raleigh NC 27609 United States
- This is not a mailing address, but only the physical address of the Center.
- Main entrance is on the south side of the building (small parking lot), in the back.
- Door is located at top of stairs.
- Wednesday:9:00am-1:00pm and 6:30pm-8:30pm
Inclement Weather: Closed when the Wake County School System is closed:
Calendar and Events
March 21, 2015
Family History Seminar - "Genealogy Boot Camp"
More details to come...
No charge for attending. Classes available for youth, Spanish speaking, beginners & advanced researchers. Held in conjunction with RootsTech, an annual event where people of all ages learn to discover and share their family stories and connections through technology.
At 7-8pm, every third Thursday of the month, January through October, we have a class on various family history related topics.
Oct 16, 2014 - 7pm-8pm
Haunted by missing information or relatives? Find out how cemeteries can be a great resource of information and what resources are available to you online. Learn how you can participate in the growing collection of information on cemeteries online as well.
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Several genealogy software programs are available to try on the patron computers.
Hardware and Equipment
- 10 patron computers
- 4 microfilm readers
- 1 microform copier (makes digital copies in addition to printouts)
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 multimedia card reader
- 1 photocopier
- 2 black and white laser printers
Staff Research Specialties
- Organizing Your Research - Vicky Myers, Monday 9am-1pm shift
Resources in the Local Area
- Apex Family History Center
590 Bryan Drive
Apex, NC 27502
- Durham Family History Center
1050 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Chapel Hill, NC
- Olivia Raney Public Library
9016 Carya Drive
- North Carolina State Archives & Library
109 East Jones Street
Archive Search Room: 919-807-7310
State Library/Genealogy: 919-807-7460
- Raleigh FHC Patron Notification List - Receive email notifications of changes and events at the Raleigh Family History Center. This is a low volume list.
Volunteer at the Center
- Need additional help on most shifts
- Teach patron classes
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in volunteering or have questions.
Adding details to a FHC page article.
- This page was last modified on 22 October 2014, at 15:06.
- This page has been accessed 3,898 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page