Raleigh Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Raleigh Parish has served Amelia County, Virginia. Huntington Church, Chinquapin Church (Paineville), Rocky Run Church, Avery's Church, Pride's Church, and Grubhill Church were all located within the bounds of Raleigh Parish.
Colonial parish registers do not survive.
In 1861, Meade had access to a vestry book that commenced in 1790.
- Christ Episcopal Church (official website). Includes brief history of old Grub Hill Church.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2014, at 19:17.
- This page has been accessed 2,214 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki