Rangeley Plantation, MaineEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- Not to be confused with the much larger plantation, part of which was used to form this smaller plantation. Nor to be confused with the Town of Rangeley nearby, also set off from the larger plantation.
United States Maine Franklin Rangeley Plantation
Rangeley Plantation is a Maine plantation in the forests on the west central side of Franklin County. A Rangeley Plantation was first organized in 1840, but by 1845 it was part of a multi-township plantation called Number 2 and 3 R1 and 2 and 3 R2 Plantations formed from:
but that long name was changed to Dallas Plantation in 1845, and changed back to Rangeley Plantation in 1852. In 1855 the Town of Rangeley (T3 R2) was set off from a portion of that plantation, and that town continues to today. The large multi-township plantations were abolished in 1859, and left-over Rangeley Plantation was split into its three remaining parts, including the modern, smaller Rangeley Plantation (T3 R1).  
- ↑ Maine Historical Records Survey Project, Division of Professional and Service Projects, Work Projects Administration, Counties, Cities, Towns, and Plantations of Maine: a Handbook of Incorporations, Dissolutions, and Boundary Changes (Portland, Maine: The Survey, 1940), 103 (digital p. 112). A digital version is available via a link in the FHL Catalog.
- ↑ Rangeley Plantation, Franklin County, Maine, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 30 September 2013).
- ↑ Rangeley, Franklin County, Maine, Franklin County, Maine in Maine Genealogy (accessed 1 October 2013).
Adjacent towns: Franklin Co.: Dallas Plantation | Rangeley | Sandy River Plantation | Township D | Township E | Oxford Co.: Township C | Township 4 R1 WBKP (Richardsontown Twp) | Township 4 R2 WBKP (Adamstown Twp)
|This Maine-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 21 October 2013, at 11:36.
- This page has been accessed 322 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More