Rawlins County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Rawlins County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Rawlins County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1873|
|Address|| Rawlins County Courthouse|
607 Main Street
Atwood, Kansas 67730-1896
1873--Rawlins County was created 6 March 1873 from unorganized territory. County seat: Atwood 
- Dundy County, Nebraska
- Hitchcock County, Nebraska
- Red Willow County, Nebraska
- Rawlins County was not organized until after the Civil War.
Obituaries of Chessmore Relatives
JoAnn Chessmore Hall has these obituaries, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Kansas GenWeb is an excellent source information for vital records and cemeteries.
- Rawlins County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Rawlins County, Kansas page 255, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 1 February 2013, at 18:03.
- This page has been accessed 1,102 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More