Red Moon School (Oklahoma)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The school was closed in 1917 and the students transferred to Seger School, 16 May 1917.
Some records relating to the Red Moon School may also be in the records of the Cheyenne and Arapaho Agency, which supervised the activities of the school. Some of the records of this school and agency are also in the National Archives Southwest Region (Ft. Worth).
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this school for 1909-1912 and for 1914 thru 1916. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, roll 425. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm number 581449). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Red Moon School, 1910-1916, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 115, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724333).
A census of the remaining employees of Red Moon School in 1920 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is part of the listing for Barnitz Township, Custer County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District 20, Sheet 1B). No students are listed as the school had closed in 1917.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:29.
- This page has been accessed 1,182 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki