FamilySearch LibrariesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to the Main Page
Following is a list of the "Library Class" branches of the LDS Church's FamilySearch library system, which includes the world-renowned Family History Library in Salt Lake City. These are called FamilySearch Libraries (with the exception of the BYU Center, which is still considered a center but included because of its size).
"Library Class" is defined as having a larger facility and are generally complete with a dedicated internal computer server and a computer catalog or card catalog of their collection. These branch libraries have dedicated book collections in the thousands, microfilm & microfliche in the tens of thousands, dozens of internet connected computers and microfilm & microfliche readers and some digital scanners. All have dedicated servers with DSL, cable or T-1 internet access. In addition all have at least one multi-use classroom, and several research areas.
These branch libraries have a dedicated non-paid full-time director (usually a husband/wife team) and dozens of volunteer staff. In many cases non-LDS volunteers serve from the community. Local genealogy groups often support these library facilities.
- BYU Family History Center, part of the Harold B. Lee Library, at Brigham Young University, in Provo, Utah
- Idaho Falls FamilySearch Library, Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Las Vegas FamilySearch Library, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Logan Utah FamilySearch Library, Logan, Utah
- London Family History Centre, Hyde Park, London, England (website)
- Los Angeles FamilySearch Library, Los Angeles, California
- Mesa Arizona FamilySearch Library, Mesa, Arizona See also Mesa Family History Center
- Oakland FamilySearch Library, Oakland, California
- Ogden Utah FamilySearch Library, Ogden, Utah
- Orange FamilySearch Library Orange, California
- Pocatello FamilySearch Library, Pocatello, Idaho
- Riverton FamilySearch Library, Riverton Utah 
- Sacramento FamilySearch Library, Sacramento, California
- St. George FamilySearch Library, St. George, UT. See the book & microfilm catalogs online. 
- San Diego FamilySearch Library, San Diego, California
- Search for smaller center locations on FamilySearch.org.
- See New York FHCs representing ward, stake and other Family History Centers.
- See the Family History Library's official site.
- This page was last modified on 11 July 2013, at 21:53.
- This page has been accessed 4,104 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More