Rensselaer, New YorkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Rensselaer, New York|
Rensselaer County's location in the state of New York
|Address|| 505 Broadway|
Rensselaer, NY 12144
Rensselaer County Cemetery database http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~nyrensse/cemetery.htm
Holy Sepulchre Cemetery
c/o Saint John's Catholic Church 50 Herrick Street, Rensselaer, NY 12144 Phone (518) 465-0482
New Rural Cemetery
330 3rd Ave Ext, Rensselaer, NY, (518) 434-0638
Washington Ave, Rensselaer, NY
To locate additional published and transcribed records for Rensselaer, New York check:
- Gordon L. Remington, New York Towns, Villages, and Cities: A Guide to Genealogical Sources (Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2002). American Ancestors online edition; At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 974.7 D27r. Alphabetical list including date founded, if a town history exists, church and cemetery sources, and if a Civil War register (TCR) exists. The codes used under Church and Cemetery are defined in the link above the listing of towns, cities and villages.
Archives, Libraries and Museums
- Rensselaer City History Research Center. See also Historianfor additional information about holdings.
Rensselaer City History Research Center
Rensselaer City Hall
62 Washington Street
Rensselaer, NY 12144
The Center has city and county histories, maps, city directories, school yearbooks, family histories, books on Colonial history and New York State, books on American Indians, Dutch families, and other items related to the city. photographs and newspaper clippings files, copies of church records, and other historical and genealogical items.
- See the City of Troy page for a list of several archives and libraries with good local history collections in Troy.
- Hart-Cluett House Museum is run by the Rensselaer County Historical Society (see below).
Research Library of the Rensselaer County Historical Society has diaries, city directories, county histories, family histories, town and village histories, photographs, etc.
62 Washington Street, Fl 2
Rensselaer, New York 12144
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2012, at 22:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,597 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page