Rhode Island Civil War Union Artillery UnitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following information comes from the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors web site. The web site can also be searched by the name of a soldier.
- 1st Regiment, Rhode Island Light Artillery
Organized at Providece in Batteries A-H between June 6, 1861 and October 14, 1862
Mustered out between June 11, 1865 and July 3, 1865.
- 3rd Regiment, Rhode Island Heavy Artillery
Organized at Providence as 3rd Infantry August, 1861.
Reorganized at Hilton Head, South Carolina, as Heavy Artillery December 19, 1861.
- 5th Regiment, Rhode Island Heavy Artillery
Organized at New Berne, N. C., from 5th Rhode Island Infantry, May 27, 1863.
Designation of Regiment changed to 5th Rhode Island Heavy Artillery July, 1863.
- 10th Battery, Rhode Island Light Artillery
Organized at Providence for three months' service. May 27-29, 1862.
Mustered out August 30, 1862.
- 14th Regiment Heavy Artillery (African Descent)
Organized at Providence August 28, 1863, to January 25 1864.
Mustered out June 26, 1865.
- Tompkins' Battery, Rhode Island Light Artillery (3 months, 1861)
Organized at Providence for three months' service April, 1861.
Mustered out August 2, 1861.
- This page was last modified on 29 March 2013, at 14:21.
- This page has been accessed 465 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page