Rhode Island Civil War Union Cavalry UnitsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The following information comes from the Civil War Soldiers and Sailors web site. The web site can also be searched by the name of a soldier.
- 1st Regiment, Rhode Island Cavalry
Organized at Pawtucket as 1st New England Cavalry, afterwards designated 1st Rhode Island Cavalry, December 14, 1861 to March 3, 1862
Mustered out at Baltimore, Maryland, August 3, 1865
- 2nd Regiment, Rhode Island Cavalry
Organized at Providence November 21, 1862.
Transferred to 3rd Rhode Island Cavalry January 14, 1864.
- 3rd Regiment, Rhode Island Cavalry
Organized at Providence September 12, 1863.
Mustered out November 29, 1865.
- 7th Squadron, Rhode Island Cavalry (3 months, 1862)
Organized at Providence and mustered in for three months June 24, 1862.
Mustered out September 26, 1862, expiration of term.
The Civil War Archives - Union Regimental Histories of Rhode Island Cavalry
- This page was last modified on 25 January 2012, at 20:13.
- This page has been accessed 353 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More