Richmond County, North CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Richmond County North Carolina genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Richmond County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
Richmond County Courthouse
114 E Franklin St #101
Rockingham, NC 28379
Register of Deeds has birth and death records from 1913
marriage records from 1870 and land records from 1784
Clerk Superior Court has divorce records from 1913 & probate records from 1782 
For animated maps illustrating North Carolina county boundary changes, "Rotating Formation North Carolina County Boundary Maps" (1664-1965) may be viewed for free at the MapofUS.org website.
Some of the court records are missing. For a list of record loss in North Carolina counties see: North Carolina Counties with Burned Courthouses
- Chesterfield County, South Carolina
- Marlboro County, South Carolina
For tips on accessing Richmond County, North Carolina census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
- Cartledge Creek aka Dockery's Meeting House, near Rockingham, N.C. Organized about 1774. Originally located in Anson County.
- Hitchcock. Constituted 1772. Edwards published a membership list dated 1772 in Materials Towards a History of the Baptists... (1772), 128. Originally located in Anson County.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
- - 2nd Battalion, North Carolina Infantry, Company C
:- 2nd Battalion, North Carolina Infantry, Company D
:- 3rd Regiment, North Carolina Artillery, Company E
:- 7th Battalion, North Carolina Junior Reserves, Company C
:- 8th Regiment, North Carolina Senior Reserves, Captain Nathaniel McLean's Company
:- 8th Regiment, North Carolina Senior Reserves, Captain Neill McNeill's Company
- Pre-1790 - Pre-1790 Richmond County, North Carolina Wills stored at the North Carolina State Archives are online - free. Website tips.
- 1782-1815 - Early Marriages in Richmond County, NC 1782-1815 at USGenWeb - free.
- 1783-1872 - Early Marriage Bonds Richmond County, NC 1783-1872 at USGenWeb - free.
- 1783-1964 - Richmond County Marriage Index 1783-1964 in International Genealogical Index at FamilySearch - free.
- 1816-1914 - Richmond County Divorce Actions 1816-1914 at USGenWeb - free.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Richmond County, NC History, Records, Facts and Genealogy (Genealogy Inc)
- Richmond County, NCGenWeb - free genealogical resources; part of the USGenWeb Project
- FamilySearch Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Richmond County, North Carolina. Page 512 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ "Cartledge Creek Baptist Church," North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, http://www.ncmarkers.com, accessed 22 October 2012.
- ↑ George Washington Paschal, History of North Carolina Baptists, 2 vols. (1930; reprint, Gallatin, Tenn.: Church History Research and Archives, 1990), 1:225. FHL Book 975.6 K2p 1990.
- ↑ Genealogical Society of Utah, Parish and Vital Records List (July 1998). Microfiche. Digital version at https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/images/f/f5/Iginorthcarolinap.pdf.
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:27.
- This page has been accessed 5,862 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki