Richmond Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 5600 Monument Ave, Henrico, Virginia
- Located in rear of building near the parking lot. Ring bell if locked.
- Location on Map
Phone: 804 288-8134
Open Hours: T, W, Th, Sat, 9:30am-2:00pm; W, Th, 7:00pm-9:00pm
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Many volumes on Virginia counties and numerous other books by state and country, immigration, military, surname histories, maps and dictionaries. Microfilm/fiche collection includes VA birth, death, marriage, census, plus miscellaneous records by county; other films/fiche for various states and countries.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 computers, printer/copier, reader-printer, image digitizer/scanner, 12 film and fiche readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Virginia State Archives, Virginia Historical Society, GRIVA
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 4 March 2014, at 22:16.
- This page has been accessed 1,168 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More