Ringgold County, IowaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Ringgold County Iowa genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Ringgold County, Iowa|
Location in the state of Iowa
Location of Iowa in the U.S.
|Founded||February 24, 1847|
|County Seat||Mt. Ayr|
1847--Ringgold County was created 24 February 1847 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Taylor and Appanoose Counties prior to organization 31 January 1855. County seat: Mt. Ayr 
See an interactive map of Iowa boundary changes.
June 8, 1858 -- a cyclone blew down the courthouse. For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Ringgold County, Iowa Obituary Collection Free from GenealogyBuff.com. From Various Funeral Homes in the Mount Ayr and Ringgold County area.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Ringgold County, Iowa Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Ringgold Co. IAGenWeb Project
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Iowa-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2013, at 23:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,263 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More