Rochester New York Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Rochester New York Family History Center welcomes you to search your family tree. Two (2) staff members are available during open hours to assist you, whether you are a beginner or a seasoned researcher. Use of the Family History Center is free of charge. However, we do charge a small fee for any copies that are printed.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 1400 Westfall Rd Brighton New York 14618 United States
- The entrance to the Family History Center is located at the rear of the building with ample parking.
- Tuesday:9:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday:9:00am-12:00pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
Closed all major holidays:
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- FamilySearch Catalog: You have the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog online. Film/fiche orders are no longer taken at the Family History Centers.
- The Family History Center has a small book library including a surname collection & a local cemetery collection. We also have a local Monroe County film collection & some surrounding counties. We also have many films on indefinite loan for foreign countries & a large collection of microfiche, including birth, marriage, death & church records.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 online computers
- 6 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- Plus 2 printers
- 1 printer/copier.
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff members who specialize in research for Italy, England, Canada, Sweden, Germany, Poland, France, Cuba, Netherlands, Eastern Europe, Ukraine, Spain & Venezuela. Language helps may also be available.
Resources in the Local Area
See links below...
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2015, at 03:58.
- This page has been accessed 3,674 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More