Rollesby, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||East and West Flegg PLU|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
ROLLESBY (St. George), a parish, in the East and West Flegg incorporation, hundred of West Flegg, E. division of Norfolk, 5¼ miles (N. E.) from Acle. There is a place of worship for Baptists. 
Rollesby St George is an Ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich and one of the Norfolk Round Tower churches.
The church was built in the fourteenth century and subsequently renovated.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Flegg 1837-1924
- Yarmouth and Flegg 1925-1938
- Acle 1938-1974
- Norwich Outer
Rollesby, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Rollesby, Norfolk Parish Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438856.
Poor Law Unions
For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?Flegg/Flegg.shtml
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Rollesby on GenUKI
- Rollesby St George on A Church Near You
- for list of rectors from foundation of the church in 14th century
- Rollesby on Norfolk Churches
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 690-695. Date accessed: 13 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- ↑ Norfolk Transcription Archive, accessed 15 April 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 17 April 2014, at 18:52.
- This page has been accessed 923 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki