Rolleston, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Rolleston, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Burton upon Trent PLU|
|Registration District||Burton upon Trent|
|Parish registers: 1569|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1662; Separate records exist for Needwood Forest beginning 1813|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Rolleston St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Staffordshire. Other places in the parish include: Needwood, Annesley, Anslow, Needwood Forest Allotments, and Needwood Forest.
ROLLESTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union o f Burton-upon-Trent, N. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 3½ miles ( N.N. W.) from Burton. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Staffordshire BMD includes registered births for the Burton upon Trent Registration District . http://www.staffordshirebmd.org.uk/cgi/birthind.cgi?county=staffordshire The registration district prior to 1937 included this parish. From 1937 onwards the Lichfield district was responsible. Registers are now held at<br>The Register Office, The Old Library Building, Bird Street, Lichfield WS 13 6PN Tel. 01543 510773
Rolleston parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|ROLLESTON PARISH (1569) Online Records|
Anslow formed a mission church to this parish later it became an Ecclesisatical parish.
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Rolleston, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474613.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 690-695. Date accessed: 06 November 2012.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 29 April 2014, at 05:08.
- This page has been accessed 1,211 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki