Rooks County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Rooks County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Rooks County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||February 26, 1867|
|Address|| Rooks County Courthouse|
115 N. Walnut Street
Stockton, Kansas 67669-1663
Rooks County Courthouse
115 N Walnut Street
Stockton, KS 67669-1663
Clerk District Court has birth and death records 1888-1905,
marriage and divorce records from 1888, probate records from 1881 and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1867--Rooks County was created 26 February 1867 from unorganized territory. County seat: Stockton 
- Rooks County was organized after the Civil War.
Obituary Index for the Plainville Times, 1888-2006. Provides the following information:
- Last Name
- Given Names
- Death Date
- Newspaper Date
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Rooks County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Riley County, Kansas page 255, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 1 February 2013, at 18:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,074 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More