Rowley Regis, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Rowley Regis, Staffordshire|
|Poor Law Union||Dudley PLU|
|Parish registers: 1539|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1606|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory); See also the parish of Clent|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
Rowley Regis is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Staffordshire, created in 1848 from chapelry in Clent, Worcestershire Ancient Parish. Other places in the parish include: Old Hill and Tividale.
ROWLEY-REGIS (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Dudley, N. division of the hundred of Seisdon, S. division of the county of Stafford, 3 miles (S. E.) from Dudley, and 7 ( W.) from Birmingham. There are 27 places of worship for dissenters in the parish. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Rowley Regis parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ROWLEY REGIS ST GILES PARISH (1539) Online Records|
Rowley Regis St Giles was formed in 1848 from Clent, Worcestershire Original reisters are held at Sandwell Archives but transcripts of the parish registers at Staffordshire Record Office Bap 1539-1812 Mar 1539-1812 Bur 1539- 1812
Lichfield Record Office holdings of Bishop's Transcripts none held
Many of Staffordshire's Parish Register entries have been transcribed in full by Staffordshire Freereg and can be searched for free.
Zions Hill Methodist Chapel (Old Hill) registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|ZIONS HILL METHODIST CHAPEL (OLD HILL) (1879) Online Records|
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474625.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 705-707. Date accessed: 06 November 2012.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 15 August 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Staffordshire Coverage, The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 13 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Birth Indexes, Guide to Parishes. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- This page was last modified on 15 August 2014, at 18:04.
- This page has been accessed 2,264 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki