Rushford, Norfolk Genealogy & SuffolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Rushford, Norfolk & Suffolk|
|Poor Law Union||Thetford PLU|
|Parish registers: 1586|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1715|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
RUSHFORD (St. John the Evangelist), a parish, in the union of Thetford, partly in the hundred of Blackbourn, W. division of Suffolk, but chiefly in the hundred of Guilt-Cross, W. division of Norfolk, 4 miles (E. S. E.) from Thetford. 
Rushford St John is an ancient parish in the diocese of Norwich and includes Shadwell.
Part of the parish lies an Norfolk and part in Suffolk with the main part being in Norfolk.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Thetford 1837-1894 (part in Suffolk)
- Thetford 1895-1935 wholly in Norfolk for administrative purposes with brettenham 1935-1938
- Wayland 1939-1974
Rushford, Norfolk Genealogy & Suffolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Rushford, Norfolk Genealogy & Suffolk Online Parish Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1586-1740, 1762-1902||Undefined||1586-1740, 1762-1837||Undefined||1586-1740, 1762-1904|
- Parish Registers for Rushford, 1586-1904: First film listed in the FamilySearch Catalog is 2262381
- Parish Register of baptisms, burials & marriages in Rushford Collegiate Church from its recovery,1586-1740: Film number 1702652
- Archdeacons Transcripts, 1726-1751 can be viewed online through our Historical Collections.
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474634.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Norfolk: Rushford on GenUKI
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 717-719. Date accessed: 13 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 8 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 17:11.
- This page has been accessed 1,790 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News