Ryston with Roxham, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Ryston with Roxham, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Downham PLU|
|Parish registers: 1687|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1691|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norfolk|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
RYSTON (St. Michael), a parish, in the union of Downham, hundred of Clackclose, W. division of Norfolk, 1¾ mile (S. S. E.) from Downham. 
Also known as Riston or Ryston with Roxham St Michael.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Downham 1837-1974
Ryston with Roxham, Norfolk parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Ryston with Roxham, Norfolk Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1687-1777, 1783-1822||Undefined||1687-1834, 1839-1925||Undefined||1687-1777, 1783-1822|
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 464 /1-6 Ryston with Roxham
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438850.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis,A Topographical Dictionary of England(1848), pp. 719-725. Date accessed: 14 May 2013.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- This page was last modified on 4 November 2014, at 22:34.
- This page has been accessed 639 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page