Saint Kitts and Nevis CensusEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Saint Kitts and Nevis Census
1665-1701 French Censuses
- Rossignol, Bernadette, Philippe Rossignol, and Centre de Genealogie et d'histoire des Isles d'Amerique. Recensement de l'Ile de Saint-Christophe, année 1671 : liste des personnes figurant dans le terrier. Paris : C.G.H.I.A., 1987. FHL Book 972.9 B4d no. 6.
1678 List of Inhabitants
- 'Inhabitants of St. Kitts in 1678,' Caribbeana, Vol. 4 (1914):68-77. Digitised by dLOC - free.
1678-1687 French Censuses
1696 Association Oath Rolls
Not technically a census, the 1696 Association Oath Rolls serve as a census substitute. The original records are found in class C 213 at the National Archives, Kew, England. Gandy published abstracts of oath takers living in British plantations, including Nevis and St. Christophers [sic]:
- Fothergill, Gerald, trans. 'St. Christopher's, January 11th, 1707-8: An Account of All and Singular the White Men, Women and Children at Present Residing and Inhabiting in this Her Majesties Island. As Also of All Slaves, Men, Women and Children, Belonging Unto the Said Inhabitants,' Caribbeana, Vol. 3 (1914):132-139. Digitised by dLOC - free. Includes ages of masters and mistresses. The original is held at the UK National Archives.
- ↑ Cliff Webb, "Association Oath Rolls - Background to the Documents," Origins Network.
- This page was last modified on 25 September 2012, at 19:34.
- This page has been accessed 1,925 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki