Salem Oregon Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4550 Lone Oak SE, Salem OR 97302 United States
- Wednesday:Groups by appointment
Closed all major holidays:
`Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: EXPAND YOUR ROOTS 1 NOVEMBER 2014
Staff Training Meeting: 5 NOV. 7PM
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 10 computers, a microfilm reader/printer, and film readers as well as a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Location: Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, Oregon 97301.
Reference Room: located on the second floor of the Oregon State Library.
Hours: 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday.
Weekend: One Saturday of each month, 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Closed on State Holidays.
Volunteer at the Center
The Salem Family History Center is training new volunteers to work in our center. We need people like you to donate your time and experience. If you are interested in working one or more 3-hour shifts each month please email Or_salem@ldsmail.net.
Family History Center Hours
Sunday 4pm-7pm; Tuesday 9am-9pm; Thursday 9am-9pm; Saturday 10am-1pm
- This page was last modified on 11 October 2014, at 18:05.
- This page has been accessed 1,684 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More