Salt Lake Mount Olympus Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This FamilySearch Center serves the area east of Wasatch Boulevard and south from Parley's Canyon to about 4800 South.
- 3610 East Millstream Lane (3510 South) Salt Lake City UT 84109 United States
- There is plenty of parking.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Monday: 10 am - Noon; 1 pm - 3 pm
- Tuesday: 2 pm - 4 pm; 7 pm - 9 pm
- Wednesday: Noon - 2 pm; Wednesday evening reserved for groups
- Thursday: 7 pm - 9 pm
- Friday: 9 am - Noon
- Other days and times by Appointment (801-278-6774)
Closed on all National and State holidays.
Thanksgiving week 2014: Closed after 9 pm on Tuesday, 25 November until the following Monday, 1 November.
Also closed the full Christmas week of 2014.
Calendar and Events
The following Saturday classes will be held at the Millstream (North Building) from 10:00 am - noon:
November 8 - "Fixing Family Feuds" How to fix some of the problems on your FamilyTree without family conflict.
December (to be secheduled)
January 2015 (to be secheduled)
Staff Training Meetings
The next training meeting will be November 15 from 7pm to 8pm at the Millstream Lane Center.
- FamilySearch Catalog https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Old Parish Records of Scotland 1500-1850
- Unindexed microfiche records
- Additional collections on indefinite loan
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal http://fhc.familysearch.org: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfiche and micofilm reader.
- Desktop Computers (MS Windows).
- Lexmark 466 and HP Officejet 7610 printer/copier/scanner units.
- Table workspace with power outlets and wifi for personal computers.
- Overhead mounted projector and whiteboard screen for presentations.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Utah State Archives
- Utah Historical Society
(Links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center.)
Utah Historical Society - http://history.utah.gov
300 South Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Utah State Archives - http://archives.utah.gov
346 South Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- This page was last modified on 16 October 2014, at 23:36.
- This page has been accessed 3,563 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki