Salt Lake Mount Olympus Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
This FamilySearch Center serves the area east of Wasatch Boulevard and south from Parley's Canyon to about 4800 South.
- 3610 East Millstream Lane (3510 South) Salt Lake City UT 84109 United States
- There is plenty of parking.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Monday: 10 am - Noon; 1 pm - 3 pm
- Tuesday: 2 pm - 4 pm; 7 pm - 9 pm
- Wednesday: Noon - 2 pm; Wednesday evening reserved for groups
- Thursday: 7 pm - 9 pm
- Friday: 9 am - Noon
- Other days and times by Appointment (801-278-6774)
Closed on all major National and State holidays.
- Closed Christmas week through January 2, 2015.
Calendar and Events
The Center will be closed February 12, 13, 14, 2015 for the Roots Tech Conference. If you desire to attend you should register soon.
The following Saturday classes will be held at the Millstream (North Building) from 10:00 am - noon:
January 10, 2015 at 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. - "KEEP ME! PROTECT ME! SHARE ME!" presentation on how to keep, protect and share pictures and documents by Robin Johnson.
Consultants: Be sure to inform your ward by putting the information in your December Sunday Program as well as December and January Ward Newsletters.
February 2015 (to be secheduled)
Staff Training Meetings
The next training meeting will be Wednesday, January 21, 2015 from 7pm to 8pm at the Millstream Lane Center.
New Individual Resources
Canadian Vital Records sheet that can be copied for our use. It is stored in the file cabinet.
- FamilySearch Catalog https://www.familysearch.org/#form=catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Old Parish Records of Scotland 1500-1850
- Unindexed microfiche records
- Additional collections on indefinite loan
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal http://fhc.familysearch.org: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Desktop Computers (MS Windows).
- Lexmark 466 and HP Officejet 7610 printer/copier/scanner units.
- Table workspace with power outlets and wifi for personal computers.
- Overhead mounted projector and non-glare whiteboard screen for presentations.
- Microfiche and Microfilm readers.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
- Utah State Archives
- Utah Historical Society
(Links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center.)
Utah Historical Society - http://history.utah.gov
300 South Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Utah State Archives - http://archives.utah.gov
346 South Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- This page was last modified on 4 December 2014, at 15:18.
- This page has been accessed 3,836 times.
Share Your Opinion!
The Community Council Selection Committee is now accepting recommendations for potential council vacancies.Recommendations Page