Salt Lake Olympus Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Salt Lake Olympic Stake Family History Center serves individuals in the East Mill Creek area of Salt Lake County. The Center is staffed on a limited schedule and by appointment with Ward Family History Consultants. Additionally, beginning Thursday, January 5, 2012 through Thursday, May 3, 2012 classes on newfamilysearch.org and family history research are taught. See the schedule below for details.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 2675 East 4430 South, Salt Lake City, UT 84124
- This is not a mailing address, staff is unable to respond to mail inquiries.
- Family History Center entrance is in the basement on the northwest side of the church building. May have to ring bell for entrance to the center.
- Location on Map
Phone: 801-273-3836 (Call during Family History Center hours) Email:UT_SaltLakeOlympus@ldsmail.net
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday - 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday - 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Closed Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend
- Closed July 4th and 24th
- Closed first Saturday in April and October
- Closed the week of Thanksgiving
- Closed the last two weeks of December
- Other sporadic closings throughout the year
Classes are taught at the Olympus Stake East Building primary room, located at 3070 Nyla Way, Salt Lake City, UT at 7:00 p.m.
January 5 - Lesson 1 Introduction
January 12 - Lesson 2 Using new FamilySearch
January 19 - Lesson 3 Navigating and Viewing Information
January 26 - Lesson 4 Combining and Separating Records
February 2 - Lesson 5 Adding and Correcting Information
February 9 - Lesson 6 Submitting Names for Temple Ordinances
Family History Research
February 16 - Lesson 1 Introduction and Organizing Information
February 23 - Lesson 2 Using New FamilySearch
March 1 - Lesson 3 Analyzing Your Records and Researching Collateral Lines
March 8 - Lesson 4 Sources of Information
March 15 - Lesson 5 FamilySearch.org
March 22 - Lesson 6 The Family History Library
March 29 - Lesson 7 Internet Research
April 5 - Internet Research continued
April 12 - Lesson 8 Census Records and Index Searches
April 19 - Lesson 9 US Research
April 26 - Lesson 10 British Isles Research
May 3 - Lesson 11 Submitting Names for Temple Ordinances
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- Limited book and microfiche collections.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 computer work stations
- 1 microfilm reader
- Copies available for a small charge
- Family History Classes - Scheduled to be announced soon!
Resources in the Local Area
- Utah State Archives - http://archives.utah.gov
346 South Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- Utah Historical Society - http://history.utah.gov
300 South Rio Grande Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 18 July 2014, at 23:59.
- This page has been accessed 447 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki