Sandon, StaffordshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Sandon, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
|Poor Law Union||Stone PLU|
|Parish registers: 1636|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1660|
|Probate Court||Court of the Bishop of Lichfield (Episcopal Consistory)|
|Location of Archive|
|Staffordshire Record Office|
SANDON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Stone, S. division of the hundred of Pirehill, N. division of the county of Stafford, 4½ miles ( N. N. E.) from Stafford. There is a place of worship forMethodists. Other places in the parish include: Dayhills, Day-Hills, Smallrice, and Normicott. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Sandon All Saints parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|BIVRI = British Isles Vital Records Index (Ancestry) - (£)|
|FMP = Staffordshire Parish Register Collection (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|FS = FamilySearch - free|
|SANDON PARISH (1635) Online Records|
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Sandon, Staffordshire 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 474623.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ Samuel A. Lewis, A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 15-20. Date accessed: 05 November 2012.
- ↑ 'British Isles Vital Records Index - 2nd Ed. Breakdown of Records', Genoot, accessed 11 September 2013.
- ↑ 'Staffordshire Parish Records Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 21 August 2014.
- ↑ 'IGI Batch Numbers for Stafford (N-Z), England', IGI Batch Numbers - British Isles and North America, accessed 23 September 2013.
- ↑ Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
- This page was last modified on 26 August 2014, at 13:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,279 times.
Share Your Opinion!
Review redesigns of wiki pages and give your feedbackImprove the Wiki