Sandringham, Norfolk GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Poor Law Union||Freebridge Lynn|
|Registration District||Freebridge Lynn|
|Parish registers: 1557|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1600|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
SANDRINGHAM, a parish in Freebridge-Lynn district, Norfolk; 1¾ mile N E of Wolverton r. station, and 7½ N N E of Lynn. 
Sandringham St Mary Magdalene is an Ancient Parish in the Diocese of Norwich.
The church is a sixteenth century estate church linked to the Sandringham Estate.The estate and Sandringham House was purchased by or for Albert Edward, Prince of Wales.
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
- Freebridge Lynn
Sandringham, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Sandringham, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
This parish's registers do not appear on FamilySearch as no microfilm for the parish is held
A search of the FamilySearch Catalogue identifies the following Archdeacon's transcripts:
| Baptisms 1600-1606, 1623-1636, 1666-1810 Marriages 1623-1636, 1670-1811 Burials 1602-1606, 1623-1636, 1670-1812
|| FHL BRITISH Film |
1526743 Item 12
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438857.
Poor Law Unions
For more information on the history of the workhouse, see Peter Higginbotham's web site: www.workhouses.org.uk and http://www.workhouses.org.uk/index.html?FreebridgeLynn/FreebridgeLynn.shtml
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Norfolk Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- ↑ John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales(1870-72)
- ↑ Percival Boyd, A List of Parishes in Boyd's Marriage Index (London: Society of Genealogists, 1987). Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812,' FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'England, Norfolk, Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941', FamilySearch, accessed 31 March 2014.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 11 February 2014.
- ↑ Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- ↑ 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.
- This page was last modified on 28 May 2015, at 17:12.
- This page has been accessed 2,485 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News