Sandusky Ohio Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
We are a small library but capable of spending time helping the beginner, providing local access to films, and computer access to the FHC portal sites. We can help you begin indexing for familysearch.
Center Contacts and Hours
- 4511 Galloway Road Sandusky OH 44870-6026 United States
- List other languages guest will get help with when they come to the FHC center.
- Entrance is located in the back (west side) of the building.
- Mary Alice Williamson
- Assistant Director:Jack Lee Williamson
- Wednesday:10:00am-2:00pm and 6:00pm-9:00pm
- By appointment:Please call 1-419-626-0663
Closed on Holidays that fall on Wednesday: Closed the day before Thanksgiving: Closed the two weeks that include Christmas day and New Years day: Closed when weather closes the local schools:
Calendar and Events
Mini classes on beginning genealogy and using FamilySearch Tree starting in March on the third Wednesday of the month. email to reserve for 11:00 am class or 7:00 pm class (repeat of 11 am class).
Staff Training Meetings
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- 4 computers with internet access
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- Digital Imaging Equipment for copying film/ fiche to USB flash drive, DVD, CD or paper.
- 1 printer/copier
- 1 flatbed scanner
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Sandusky Public Library
The Milan Public Library
Harris-Elmore Library - local history room
The Rutherford B Hayes Library
Center for Archival collections - Bowling Green State University
Volunteer at the Center
- This page was last modified on 17 October 2014, at 21:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,216 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More