Sanford County, AlabamaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
- 1867--Jones County was formed 4 February 1867 from parts of Jackson, and Blount counties, and the Cherokee Cession.
- 1867--Abolished 3 November 1867 and returned to parent counties (Jackson and Blount).
- 1868--Sanford County was organized from the territory originally assigned to Jones County on 8 October 1868.
- 1877--Sanford County renamed 1877 to Lamar County.
For Sanford County records, see Lamar County, Alabama.
- This page was last modified on 18 June 2013, at 02:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,364 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More