Santaquin Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 45 South 500 West, Santaquin, Utah, United States
- Please enter on the west side of the building. You will need to ring the bell located at the top right corner of the door frame. There is plenty of parking available. Handicap parking is toward the southwest end of the building.
- Location on Map
Phone: 801-754-3722 (if we're unable to answer, you may leave a message)
Family History Center Hours:
- Monday - Friday 9:00am to 12:00pm
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Tuesday & Wednesday - 6:30pm - 9:00pm
- You may call to make an appointment for additional times
Holiday Schedule-the FHC will be closed on the following days:
- November 27,28,29 - Thanksgiving
- December 23 thru January 1, 2014 - Christmas & New Years
**Open again on JAN 2, 2014 - 9:00am **
Calendar and Events
We are planning another "Family History Fair" for 2014
March 15th - 2014 9:00am - 3:00pm
Thanks to all who attended our 2013 Family History Conference - We hope to see you in 2014
A Digital copy of the 2013 Conference Syllabus can be found through this link:
Classes at the Family History Center:
There will be no classes in December.
We'll begin again in January 2014 - see the schedule below:
- FamilySearch Family Tree - Classes are being held Thursday evenings, at 7 pm. These class sessions will be repeated. All are welcome to attend. Registration is required because of limited space. Next Session begins: THUR / January 2, 2014 (4 week class) *Classes fill quickly
NEW CLASS FamilySearch PHOTOS & STORIES - begins TUE /January 14, 2014 (3 week class) Registration is required because of limited space.
- Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- We are interested in meeting the needs of our patrons. If you have a particular class you would like us to teach please contact us at email@example.com
- Please contact us for scheduling Primary, Scouting & Youth groups, Sunday School classes, Relief Society or Priesthood activities at firstname.lastname@example.org
** It is helpful if you will contact us at least a week before you would like to visit the center. This will allow us to be better prepared for your group. This also will help you maximize your time with us.**
Consultant, Priesthood Leadership & Staff Training Meetings
- Third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm in the family history center.
Center Resources Collections
- We have a list of local films and fiche, and some film/fiche from other areas of the world. Please contact us or search the FHL Catalog for these resources.
- Local history books and resources for doing your family history.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions:
- 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
Access Newspaper Archive
Alexander Street Press - The American Civil War
Research Database |Letters and Diaries |Images, Photographs, Posters, and Ephemera
Find My Past
Fold3.com Previously known as Footnote.com
Godfrey Memorial Library
Heritage Quest Online
Historic Map Works Library Edition
World Vital Records
Hardware and Equipment
- We have NEW computers, film/fiche readers and printers for your use.
- We also have 3 printers available to you - copies are free (up to 20)
Staff Research Specialties
We have staff who can help you with research in the US, England, Scandanavia, and Germany.
Resources in the Local Area
We are 20 minutes from Brigham Young University and their collections. We are also 20 minutes from the Utah Family History Training Center located in Orem, Utah.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City is a one hour drive from Santaquin.
Santaquin Utah North Stake AND Santaquin Utah Stake Web sites
You must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and you must live in a participating stake to use this Web site. Use your LDS Account information to sign in.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers to work at our center. Please contact us through one of the email addresses provided above.
- This page was last modified on 22 November 2013, at 18:22.
- This page has been accessed 1,260 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More