Saunders County, NebraskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Saunders County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Saunders County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Nebraska|
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||January 26, 1856|
|Address|| Saunders County Courthouse|
P.O. Box 61
Wahoo, Nebraska 68066
PO Box 61;
Wahoo, NE 68066
County Clerk has marriage, burial, divorce,
probate, court and land records. 
For tips on accessing Saunders County, Nebraska census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Past and Present of Saunders County Nebraska: A Record of Settlement, Organization, Progress and Achievement -- Vol. 1 -- http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/county/saunders/1915/index.html . Vol 2 -- Biographical Sketches Names Index: http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/county/saunders/1915/vol2/vol2-names.html
Saunders County Nebraska, Saunders County History 1983, Sponsored by the Saunders County Historical Society and Written by the People of Saunders County, Nebraska (Library of Congress No. 83- 050295) http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/county/saunders/1983hist/ Family Stories Index http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/county/saunders/1983hist/famnames.html
Plat Book, Saunders County Nebraska, compiled and published by The Brown-Scoville Publishing Co., 1907 http://www.usgennet.org/usa/ne/county/saunders/1907plat/1907platcvr.html
Early migration routes to and from Saunders County, Nebraska for European and African American settlers included:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Saunders County, Nebraska page 434, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- ↑ Jim Tompkins, "The Oregon Trail 1841-1848 Map I" in Oregon Trail Landmarks at http://www.oregonpioneers.com/OTMap1.jpg (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "Oregon California Trails Association" at http://octatrails.micromaps.com/ (accessed 18 July 2011).
- ↑ "The Pioneer Story: The Mormon Pioneer Trail" in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints at http://lds.org/gospellibrary/pioneer/pioneerstory.htm (accessed 18 July 2011).
- This page was last modified on 7 February 2013, at 16:17.
- This page has been accessed 2,141 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More