Scranton Pennsylvania Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Scranton Family History Center serving Lackawanna, Luzerne, Wayne and other counties in Northeast Pennsylvania
Center Contacts and Hours
- Google Map Locationg.co/maps/ner8h
- 505 Griffin Pond, Clarks Summit, PA 18508 United States
- Park at the back of the building, use the left door at the back of the building.
- During inclement winter weather please call ahead to see if center is open
- Closed all holidays
- Including 2 week Christmas break
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to receive, store, and make available for your use any of the films and fiche you order through the FamilySearch Catalog. Just specify the Scranton Pennsylvania Family History Center as your servicing FHC.
- Wide collection of Italian films
- Verna Ann Hill Jacobs Collection - A wide variety of microfilms containing newspaper clippings, family information, church records for New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and other states. (Films are not cataloged in the FamilySearch Catalog)
- A wide variety of books containing information for families in Pennsylvania and New York.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Computers, Microfilm readers, Microfilm reader/printer, Microfiche readers available for patron's research.
Staff Research Specialties
Italian (call to make an appointment with our Italian specialist)
Resources in the Local Area
- This page was last modified on 19 July 2014, at 00:26.
- This page has been accessed 1,756 times.