Search for Revolutionary War pension and bounty land recordsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Pension records may give infomation about a veteran's military service, wife and children, and palce of residence. The federal government issued pensions or bounty land to veterans who met eligibility requirements or to their widows. Pension and bounty land files are available on microfilm.
1. Search Genealogical Abstaracts of Revolutionary War Pension Files by Virgil White. If you find your ancestor, record the information for your files.
2. Search the Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty Land Applicaiton Files, 1800-1900. These are National Archive films available through the Family History Library. Click on the View Film Notes button. Scroll through the last names until you find the film number for your ancestor's last name. Obtain the film, then look alphabetically for your ancestor's name.
3. Make copies of the documents and record the results on your research log.
- This page was last modified on 14 July 2014, at 23:17.
- This page has been accessed 663 times.