Seattle Washington Shoreline Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Located in the north wing of the LDS Church, we serve the areas of Shoreline, Edmonds, Brier, Kenmore, Bothell, Mountlake Terrace and Lynnwood. We are open over 200 hrs a month and are staffed by 30 + volunteers (mostly they volunteer). Our Facility covers more that 2000 sq ft with 5 different rooms for computers, Microfilm\fiche, library, instructional classrooms, and Audio/Visual recording.
Center Contacts and Hours
- Link to map using Google
- 22015 48th Ave W Mountlake Terrace WA 98043 United States
- Sunday: 4:00pm-6:00pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Presidents DayFeb 16th
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule:Thursday Nights 7:00> 8:00pm
Jan 29th solving problems, duplicates, etc. in Family Search
Feb 5th-Manuvering through Ancestry.com
Feb 12th- MyHeritage.com
Feb 19th - Puzzilla.org
Staff Training Meetings: 2nd Tuesday of the month
Feb 10th in the Family History Center
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 24 January 2015, at 19:55.
- This page has been accessed 1,051 times.