Sebastian Indian Agency (California)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Indians of North America-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
Tejon, Tule (Tularenos)
The Tejon or Sebastian Agency was established in 1855, although there had been temporary agents on the Tejon Reservation as early as 1853. It operated until 1860, when the Tejon and Tule River Indians were assigned to the Southern District. By 1864, the Tejon Reservation had been abandoned.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- This page was last modified on 15 September 2011, at 20:25.
- This page has been accessed 606 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More