Seger School (Oklahoma)Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Closed 31 March 1927 and attached to Cheyenne and Arapahoe as a substation.
Some records relating to the Seger School may also be in the records of the Cheyenne and Arapaho Agency, which supervised the activities of the school. Many of the records of this agency are also in the Southwest Regional Archives of NARA in Fort Worth.
Microfilm copies of ...Narrative and Statistical Reports... for the Seger School, 1907-1927, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Roll 129, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm number 1724347).
A census of the employees and students of Seger School in 1920 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is part of the listing for Seger Township, Washita County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District 196, Sheets 3B, 4A, and 4B).
A census of the employees and pupils of Seger Industrial School in 1930 is part of the regular federal census for that year. The listing is part of the listing for Seger Township, Washita County, Oklahoma (Enumeration District #75-23, Sheets 1A, 1B, and 2A).
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online
- "Accompanying Pamphlet for Microcopy 1011", National Archives Microfilm Publications, Appendix.
- This page was last modified on 7 January 2011, at 07:29.
- This page has been accessed 541 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More