Sequoyah County, KansasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Sequoyah County, Kansas was established in March 20, 1873, never organized and was defunct by February 22, 1883. Kansas Historical Society
Origin of Name
Sequoyah County may have be named In honor of the Cherokee Indian leader Sequoyah (1776-1843), the inventor of the Cherokee alphabet Kansas Historical Society
Sequoyah County in 1883, was absorbed by Finney County. More infomation can be gained at Historical Society
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Sequoyah
- Family History Library Catalog
- /Finney County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- This page was last modified on 2 February 2013, at 02:25.
- This page has been accessed 168 times.