Seward County, NebraskaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Seward County, Nebraska genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Seward County, Nebraska|
Location in the state of Nebraska
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Nebraska|
Location of Nebraska in the U.S.
|Founded||March 6, 1855|
|Address|| Seward County Courthouse|
529 Seward Street
P.O. Box 190
Seward, Nebraska 68434
Seward County Courthouse
529 Seward St; PO Box 190;
Seward, NE 68434
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1866.
County Court has probate records from 1869.
Clerk District Court has divorce records 1868 and court records from 1869. 
For tips on accessing Seward County, Nebraska census records online, see: Nebraska Census.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Seward County, Nebraska page 434, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
|This Nebraska-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
- This page was last modified on 7 February 2013, at 16:53.
- This page has been accessed 1,301 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More