Sharpsburg, MarylandEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Maryland-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Histories and Tidbits
- Sharpsburg is a town in Washington County. Joseph Chapline laid out what was to be the first town in Washington County in 1763 on land called Joe's Lott. The town was renamed Sharps Burgh, in honor of Joseph's friend Governor Horatio Sharpe. At dawn on September 17, 1862 the Battle of Antietam known as "The Bloodiest Day of the Civil War" began.
Family History Resources
5831 Dunker Church Road
Sharpsburg, MD 21782
Phone: (301) 432-5124
- Mount Calvary Lutheran
- Mountain View Cemetery
- Samples Manor Cemetery (aka Bethel Cemetery)
(east of Dargan, south of Sharpsburg, address given as Sharpsburg, MD)
- Sharpsburg German Reformed Church Cemetery
West Chapline Road
- Sharpsburg Methodist Cemetery
In the immediate vicinity of Sharpburg:
- Antietam National Cemetery
- Chapline Farm Cemetery
Community Web Sites
Historical and Genealogical Societies
Histories, Biographies, And Genealogies
Family History Web Sites
- This page was last modified on 28 August 2010, at 00:08.
- This page has been accessed 1,475 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More