Shelburne Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Shelburne Parish has served Loudoun County, Virginia.
- Moore, J. Staunton. The Annals and History of Henrico Parish, Diocese of Virginia: and St. John's P.E. Church. 1904, pp. 165-169. Digital version at Heritage Quest Online ($). [Biography of Rev. Dr. David Griffith, minister of Shelbourne Parish in 1770s.]
- Hopkins, Margaret Lail and Nancy Hopkins Phillips. The Anglican Parishes of Loudoun County, Virginia, Truro, Cameron, and Shelburne, 1736-1805. Lovettsville, Virginia: Willow Bend Books, 1997. Available at FHL. Free Lookups Available!
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
The original Shelburne Parish Vestry Book (1771-1805) is kept at the Library of Virginia. A microfilm copy is available at the Thomas Balch Library, Leesburg, Va. They were published in Hopkins' history (see above).
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ William Meade, Old Churches, Ministers and Families of Virginia, 2 vols. (Philadelphia: J.B. Lippincott and Co., 1861). Digital versions at Internet Archive: Vol. I and Vol. II.
- This page was last modified on 30 January 2015, at 04:15.
- This page has been accessed 3,955 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News