Sherburn in Elmet, YorkshireEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Sherburn in Elmet is an Ancient Parish in the county of Yorkshire.
Other places in the parish include: Barkston, South Milford, Huddleston, Huddleston and Lumby, Huddleston cum Lumby, Huddleston with Lumby, Lennerton, Linnerton, Lotherton cum Aberford, Lumby, Micklefield, Newthorpe, Rest Park, Sherburn with Lennerton, and Barkstone.
Non-Church of England denominations identified in Sherburn in Elmet include: Primitive Methodist, Roman Catholic, and Wesleyan Methodist.
SHERBURN (All Saints), a market-town and parish, in the Upper division of the wapentake of Barkstone-Ash, W. riding of York; comprising the townships of Barkstone, Huddlestone with Lumby, Lotherton, South Milford, Newthorpe, and Sherburn, and the chapelry of Micklefield; and containing 3757 inhabitants, of whom 1328 are in the town, 15 miles (S. W. by S.) from York, and 184 (N. by W.) from London. 
Online data content from parish registers of Sherburn in Elmet exists at some of the following websites and for the specified ranges of years:
|AO = Archive.org|
|FS = FamilySearch.org|
|ANC = ancestory.co.uk (£)|
|HATH = HathiTrust.org|
|JMI = JoinerMarriageIndex.co.uk|
|SHERBURN IN ELMET PARISH (1641) Online Records|
This ancient parish was created in 1639. Church of England records began in 1640.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464249. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Genealogy and History Websites
- This page was last modified on 18 October 2013, at 00:06.
- This page has been accessed 690 times.