Sibley County, MinnesotaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Sibley County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Sibley County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 5, 1853|
|Address|| Sibley County Courthouse|
400 Court St
PO Box 44
Gaylord, MN 55334
Sibley County Website
Court Adminstration has birth, death and divorce records from 1860,
marriage records from 1856, probate and court records from 1870.
County Recorder has land records from 1855. 
- 1853--Sibley County was created 5 March 1853 from Dakota County. County seat: Gaylord 
- For a brief history about Sibley County's name, click here, then select Sibley County.
Civil War service men from Sibley County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Sibley County.
- - 7th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company H.
- - 10th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
- - Brackett's Battalion, Minnesota Cavalry, Company A.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Sibley County, Minnesota page 368, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 12 April 2013, at 15:51.
- This page has been accessed 1,308 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More