Slovenia PeriodicalsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Back to Slovenia Page►
Most genealogical and historical societies in North America and in Slovenia publish magazines and newsletters. The articles often include:
- Family genealogies and pedigrees
- Transcripts of church records, migration lists, and cemetery records
- Helpful articles on research methodology
- Information about local records, archives, and services
- Book advertisements and book reviews
- Research advertisements
- Queries or requests for information about specific ancestors that can help you contact other interested researchers
Some Slovenian societies and organizations publish genealogical periodicals. These are in Slovenian. Much of their content is devoted to compiled genealogies of native families and local history. They also publish queries or advertisements for genealogical information. The following are some major examples:
Drevesa: bilten rodoslovnega društva. For more information see the Web site: http://www2.arnes.si/~rzjtopl/rod/drevesa/f-drev.htm
Copies of periodicals are available from the local societies that publish them. Major archives with genealogical collections have copies of many periodicals, particularly those representing the area they serve.
The Family History Library subscribes to some Slovenian periodicals. These are listed in the catalog in several ways. If you know the title, search the Author/Title section. To find periodicals in the Place search, use the following approaches:
SLOVENIA - PERIODICALS
SLOVENIA - GENEALOGY - PERIODICALS
SLOVENIA - HISTORY - PERIODICALS
SLOVENIA - SOCIETIES - PERIODICALS
Also see the "Societies" section.
- This page was last modified on 26 July 2012, at 04:09.
- This page has been accessed 856 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More