Snohomish Washington Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
We provide access to specialized genealogical resources, education and personalized help to our patrons. On-line microfilm ordering allows our patrons access to the vast collection in the Salt Lake City Family History Library. Staff members have a variety of specialized skills to help you get to know your ancestors.
- 10120 Chapel Hill RD., Lake Stevens, WA 98270 United States
- Located center of building, on west side.
- The Snohomish Washington Family History Center is housed in the Lake Stevens Building of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It serves the Arlington, Granite Falls, Lake Stevens, Marysville, Monroe, Snohomish and Sultan communities.
"Located center of building, on west side.*
- Sue Rasmussen - 1 360-653-8268 - 1 425-760-2326
- Tue., Wed.,Thur. 10 am. - 2 pm.
- Tue. Wed. Evening 6:30 pm. to 8:30 pm.
- Call by appointment - 360-653-8268.
- During youth dances on the third Saturday of August, October, November, and January 2013, the hours are: 7:00pm. to 10:00pm.
- Closed the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.
Website has information on up coming classes, links to Popular Genealogy sites, and Genealogy video sites. Washington State Genealogy Groups/Societies links. Links to Seminars/Conferences/Media events. Free Software/Forms. Free Ancestry.com, Find My Past.com, Fold3.com, Heritage Quest online and several others. There are 8 computers, and free wifi available.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 1 December 2013, at 18:33.
- This page has been accessed 474 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More